Sunday, March 05, 2006

Bikes: Coin Toss.

Do I ride to work today?

Hmm.

PRO: Sixty-something degrees and sunny. Haven't ridden in two weeks or so.

CON: Chain still needs adjusting and lubing in the worst possible way. I get off work at five thirty-ish and it's supposed to start raining around six.

Possible Tie-breakers: The ten-day forecast is solid rain from Tuesday through next week. Can't find chain lube; might have to use FP-10.



What to do?

UPDATE: Well, they're claiming a high of sixty-something, but it's taking its sweet time getting there. It's still in the low forties outside and I gotta jet in the next 30 minutes or so, which is making my decision a lot easier. Maybe I'll compromise and drop the top.

Ugh. Sounds like I'm gloating.

Maybe I am.

"Can't ride the bike. Gotta put the top down on the Beemer and drive to my job at the gun store. Gosh. Sucks to be me." :)

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Hey - it ain't braggin' if it's true!!!

You know, I've never looked at your profile before today (great pic, btw - you're adorable, and knowing your way around firearms is so gravy!)- we have Cabaret Voltaire in common - I've been searching for years for vhs or dvd of videos to "Don't Argue" and "I want you" - any suggestions? Thanks for your comment on my Disintegration drive - yeah - it's haunting music. I love it.

Tam said...

*blush*

Do you know, I don't think I've ever seen a Cabaret Voltaire video.

Of course, I had never heard of them until I heard "Walls of Kyoto" playing at a party back in the early '90s and asked the hostess who the heck that was on the stereo.

phlegmfatale said...

I'm posting a youtube link to a CV video sometime this week. Good stuff.