Thursday, November 30, 2006

Baseball: Crossed fingers...

I don't hold out too much hope for seeing Glavine back in a Braves uniform, but wouldn't it be nice?

(It was Smoltz that I crushed on Way Back When, though. I had one of the jumbo cups from... Hardee's? Krystal?... with his picture on it back in '90 or '91 when he, Glavine, and Steve Avery were the Braves' "Young Guns". I thought he looked like the bad guy from a Western movie.)

Shiv Thompson and Ramirez in the liver and push them overboard, and ditch that free-swinging midget at second base, and they might free up the payroll to make it happen.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Argh, that traitorous Glavine back in Atlanta... I guess it would be better than the two cadavers you mentioned. Personally I'd rather see Maddux back in a Braves uni before "I'm more beholden to the union" Glavine.

I picked Ryan Klesko to be the next great star back in the day. Too bad he ended up on a perennial also-ran team. Then again, the weather in SD can't be beat...

AnarchAngel said...

I've known Tommy Glavine for more than hald my life. Last time I saw him was... dunno something like 15 years ago; a couple years after he hit it big. He showed up at a couple local little league and high school games to say hi and whatnot.

I went to school with a bunch of his cousins; and used to see him over at their family shindigs etc... always thought he was a really nice guy.

It's hard to believe he's 40 now.