Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bang bang shoot shoot learn learn.

Heading out the door soon to go to Iggle Crick for the first day of "Aim Fast, Hit Fast" with Todd Green. I've never met Todd before, but he comes pretty highly recommended.

Going to a class, I always have two thoughts running through my head:
  1. Please let me be safe and not screw up.
  2. Please don't let me be the "Special Needs" student.
I'm hoping to learn how to shoot better at speed. I'm an adequate pistol shot, but the wheels come off pretty quickly if I pick up the pace too much; Todd is supposed to be one of the go-to guys for this particular skillset, so I'm looking forward to it.

More later...

6 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

I think all of us pray not to be "That Guy". Have a great time!!

Tango Juliet said...

Have fun!!

Earl said...

Looking forward always helps. Too much self analysis doesn't, you know where all the parts are and can do it with both eyes closed - you will not be special needs. You might get picked as how to do it - that always hurt my foxtrot - being a center of attention for a good example. Do have a great time SHOOTING! You will learn much.

Sport Pilot said...

Remember, smooth is fast and hits count misses don’t. Proper mindset, training and experience far outweigh high dollar equipment, but many believe the opposite. Also, when training with different instructors and school’s always self evaluate and compare what they’ve taught you with what others trained you to do. Unfortunately in Law Enforcement the definition of an expert instructor is either someone from at least 100 miles or two states from here. I’ve seen the same in private sector uber- tactical firearms instructors as well.

zeeke42 said...

Todd is definitely on my short list of people to train with when they're in my area. He seems very no BS and I've heard in a bunch of places that he's a great teacher.

Caleb said...

Tell Todd I'm sorry I couldn't make it.