Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summertime in SoBro...

("SoBro" being the vernacular for "South Broad Ripple".)

I was working up a serious mojo for French onion soup, and I needed some plant food for the veggie garden, so I saddled up the Broad Ripple SUV and headed out. I stopped for lunch at the Aristocrat Pub, home port for Hogeye Navvy, and chowed down on a bowl of yummy soup and a plate of chicken tenders while finishing up The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars...

The Broad Ripple SUV in front of the Aristocrat.

After that, it was across the street to Habig Garden Shop for a five pound sack of plant chow and another watering can, and then a meandering course up and down the few blocks home to yard work, because it was such a gosh-darned nice day outside.

I'm taking a quick break because I'm glowing perspiring sweating like a hog, and then it's back to weeding.

6 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

My ex-wife (and current friend) used to tell the story of returning to the classroom from the playground, in the 6th Grade, and announcing to no one in particular, "I'm sweaty!"
The teacher corrected her stating, "Horses sweat, men perspire and women glow." Her response was something to the effect she was then "glowing like a son-of-a..."
She got in trouble for that remark.
We weren't married then.

Buzz said...

Hogeye Navvy rocks! (too bad they no longer play up here at 9 Irish)

DaddyBear said...

I thought southern women glistened.

Phssthpok said...

Point of order: Hogs don't sweat.

NotClauswitz said...

It rained today, amazing. At least the duct-tape held.

Leaddog said...

When you start sweating like a plow horse you got sweating figured out.

What the other guys said about pig and sweat.

Baling hay this PM. Any volunteers to get your pores a pumping?

That's what I thought (sigh)


wv: imburdr - hrsister both sweaty