Sunday, May 08, 2016

Miscellaneous Glocking...

  • Thanks to a reader, I've got a ZEV Fulcrum Ultimate trigger kit (well, most of one) here that I'm still waffling about. I can't put it in either of my Gen4 guns (34 and 35) because the parts don't interchange. Of the guns I can put it in, I'm not going to put it in my G19 carry gun because A) carry gun, and B) I don't know how well the Fulcrum trigger plays with the Gadget, although I suppose I could email Tom and ask. I'm probably not going to put it in either the G37 or the Robar'ed Gen2 17 because I might carry those. And I'm leery of putting it in either the 20 or the 32 because I don't know how those little set screws for takeup and overtravel would react to .357SIG/10mm recoil. What to do, what to do?

  • It's weird how the same parts setup in one Glock can feel completely different in another one. Both my 37 and the old 17 have a ZEV connector and a NY1 trigger spring. The scale says both guns have a trigger that breaks right at seven pounds, but where that number feels high for the 37, you can feel every pound on the 17.

  • What have I gotten myself into with the Special Snowflake Calibers? I need to sell an article to somebody.