Saturday, March 25, 2017

Thursday...

I spent Thursday morning at Atlanta Conservation Club with Mike Grasso, working on our Quick & Dirty Course of Fire, intended to be used as a future evaluation tool in gun reviews.

The guns in the picture were the ones we were using as benchmarks, his P226 SAO Legion and my Robar Gen2 Glock 17. It was in the high 30s and windy when we first got there, and I did not cover myself in glory initially, only shooting 248 points on a 300 point course. I tried with frozen fingers and I tried with glove liners, and neither was super satisfactory.

Some of it is that I have a hard time adapting to traditional timed courses of fire, allowing myself to use up all the allotted par time to get the best shots, rather than finishing five seconds early with a couple of nines and eights.

Some of it was that I really need to work on my transitions; I was swinging the gun and my eyes at the same time, rather than leading with my eyes and then bringing the sights to my eye line. Some more time in dry-fire on that will help, plus now that it's warming up I'll be getting more time on the steel plates in the bays at MCF&G.
.