Friday, September 22, 2017

Autumnal Equinox...

Wunderground says the high around here yesterday was 92°, measured at IND. I know I saw "95°F" on the Zed Drei's thermometer as well as the one in Bobbi's RX300.

It was humid, too. It was, not to put too fine a point on it, too hot to put the top down on the convertible. Dew point at the airport was 69°, and probably 70° in town.

Now, that's what they call "Tuesday" in the coastal South (or all of Florida) but when you've lost your acclimitization to the stickiness, it just sucks. Sweat doesn't evaporate when the air's already full of water, and you sweat copiously in bright 90+° sunshine. I was wiping sweat out of my eyes with the tail of my gun burka and being thankful I hardly ever wear eye makeup anymore.

Bobbi and I walked over to Twenty Tap for dinner, and the joint was already jumping by 6:30, so rather than wait for a table, we sat outside, which was made tolerable by being in the shade and frequent ice water refills...

Today is supposed to get to 91°F, which is within striking distance of the record high for the date of 93°F, set back in 1895 or so, and daily highs in the low 90s are supposed to continue at least through the weekend.

I'm officially ready for autumn.
.