Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Blog Stuff: Weekend Update.

Had a grand time at Oleg's. Pictures were snapped. More fodder was generated for the other blog. Got to see Michael Z. Williamson again, and picked up an autographed copy of The Weapon, which I'm already halfway through. Like Freehold, it's such an enjoyable story that there's an acute feeling of disappointment when you realize that the part of the book in your right hand is now noticeably thinner than that in your left. Makes you want to read slower to stretch it out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed. I have read Freehold several times, and the first couple of chapters of The Weapon, but everytime I hit the bookshop to pick up a copy they are out. Argh.


jeff
-who wandered this way from Oleg's LJ

phlegmfatale said...

You know, reading Lonesome Dove was great, to me, and I plodded along and took about 6 weeks to read the first 400 pages, and then I was running for the barn, reading the final 500+ pages in a few days. Isn't it one of the best things about reading when you have that bittersweet realization that soon it will be over? It's a little like life in miniature.