Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cooler than you.

So there we are; all of us out on a wilderness getaway.

Our first night out in the back country, we get fires built and dinner ready, then we settle down to shoot the breeze and chow down.

Some folks pull out plastic dinnerware. Others have messkit forks & spoons or Cub Scout knives.

Me? I pull out my favorite new gizmo: A folding titanium spork, complete with tactical pocket clip.

You're not worthy.

(Mad props for the übercool belated birthday present to my neighbor rennaissancemann. On a cool-gadget scale of one to ten, this one goes to eleven. :) )

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right, I want one of those. Cabela's has that detachable spoon/fork/knife combo, though...

Anonymous said...

Yep, the coolness factor is close to off-the-scale.

I just hope R. Luci sees this blog installment. I had previously seen HIS Ti spork, but IT is not the folding model. He has the minor vices well covered, though: A truly spiffy half-pint titanium hip flask, and on the most recent hunt, a really grand titanium Zippo lighter (now discontinued, I fear.)

JPG

theirritablearchitect said...

Gear Ho'

Tam, you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Real men eat with their knife.

Merl said...

Anonymous, I'm fairly certain that Tam doesn't fall into the categotry od "real men"

Merl said...

that would be "of" not "od", I would say preview is my friend but I did preview.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... new toy. Too cool; must have!

Besides, pork and beans and beenie-weenies are hard to eat with a knife...

Anonymous said...

Well, Merl, she falls into mine.
Don't see what "real men" would have against this, though:
https://www.kabar.com/product_detail.jsp?productNumber=1300&mode=category&categoryId=2,7&categoryName=Hunting/Sporting

"The Argentinean often eats with the punal, taking a firm grip of a large chunk of beef with his teeth and cutting it loose in front of his lips with a flourish." (According to Boker, anyway). Gotta get me one of them flourishes.

Anonymous said...

Does it have a Picatinny rail on it?

Anonymous said...

> Real men eat with their knife.

Real men lay on their backs while several women feed them delicacies.