Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Nearing the halfway mark...

This morning I grabbed the partial box of the Fiocchi FMJ from Lucky Gunner that I had left over from the class on Saturday as well as two full ones and headed to the range.

A hundred and thirty five rounds later,  the gun had properly functioned every single time, with no malfunctions of any type to report. I have to say that I really thought it would have packed it in by now; it's a safe bet this thing's probably already got a higher round count than most BG380s that aren't in rental showcases.

Ejection remains extremely forceful and it throws brass anywhere in about a 160° arc from dead ahead/straight up to back over the shooter's right shoulder. The nested recoil springs have not reduced in length any, however, and they don't feel like they've lost any tension. I'm going to prophylactically order a replacement assembly, though.

The laser was working the week before last, but wasn't at Saturday's class. I don't know if it's broken or if the batteries packed it in or what. It doesn't much matter, though, since I never use it and the lens is too covered in schmutz to let me do so now anyway.

That's 890 rounds in the books with no cleaning or lubrication. There have been three light strikes on primers (#140, #357, #628), but otherwise the pistol has gone through the complete cycle of operation with each pull of the trigger. 1110 rounds to go.
.