Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Off day.

On my day off this past Sunday, I went into the shop with the Glock 37 and another hundred rounds of Remington UMC 230gr FMJ.

I hadn't eaten breakfast and, in fact, the only thing in my stomach that morning was a can of Mello Yello Zero, since I was anticipating meeting Bobbi for lunch and didn't want to ruin my appetite.

As a result, I was shaking like a dog passing peach pits and, although I kept the first box in the X ring with a few strays into the 10 ring, I was flagging fast. Common sense said to pack it in and save the second box for later, but I had the ammo with me...

On the first round from the first magazine of the second box, I dropped that one at 6 o'clock right next to the "9".

I might have cussed a little.

All hope of a Glamour Shots target ruined, I did a three magazines trying to work on fast presentations from low ready, still at seven yards. I saved the last magazine for some slow fire at ten feet, which would be that cluster of holes up by the upper number seven. I wanted to leave on a happy note. It was only moderately successful.

The Glock 37 has now fired 960 rounds since it was last cleaned or lubed, with one parts breakage. 1,040 rounds to go.
.