Saturday, July 16, 2016

...Continued From Last Time.

Like I said, the Lone Wolf steel guide rod got bent like a banana somehow. The gun kept running without it, but required a hammer to disassemble. Now in place is the White Sound Defense non-captive guide rod, still with the 20# ISMI flat wire recoil spring. (Replacing the factory 18# unit.)

This was also a heads up for me to order a small handful of factory G19/23/32/38 recoil spring assemblies from Lone Wolf.

This called for a range trip to Indy Arms Co. on Friday morning to function check the gun with the guide rod. Also to use up the last of my Remington 125gr FMJ .357SIG ammunition. While I was there, I put a box of fifty Silver Bear 115gr FMJ rounds through the Gen2 Robar G17. I just ordered five hundred of the things and wanted to make sure they work.

Just dirt-shooting really, to run up the round count. The Silver Bear worked fine in the 17. I need to get some real sights and a stippling job on that 32.

The Glock 32 went through the complete cycle of operation every time. 

This makes it 1,729 total rounds fired since the Glock 32 was last cleaned or lubricated, with five failures to go completely into battery (#63, #78, #126, #748, #1,503*), five failures to feed (#221, #224, #282, #734, #1,529*), one failure to eject (#1,033), and one broken (aftermarket) part. 271 rounds left to go.
.