Friday, May 11, 2018

Dirtier and dirtier...

So, first of all I'd like to thank the contributors to my Patreon account. This month's total was just about enough to cover a case of TulAmmo from Lucky Gunner, which will be more than enough to finish the 5906 test, as well as 500 rounds of Winchester NATO FMJ for the next project in line.

Y'all rock.

On to the shooting part: With the gun already dirty from 1,220 rounds of assorted ammo, I decided to get it really filthy with steel-cased East Bloc stuff: 115gr FMJ TulAmmo. Two hundred rounds of that stuff came to the range with me Thursday morning...

The X-ring on a B27 is in the wrong place. Unless I'm shooting for score, I don't aim there.
...where the 5906 chewed through it like popcorn without a single hiccup of any sort.

This brings the total rounds fired through the 5906 to 1420 since the gun was last cleaned or lubed, with no malfunctions of any type to report. 580 rounds to go.
.